Ceramic Cups | Fire Glaze Ceramics | Skillful Techniques | High Quality | Ceramics | Decoration | Vietnamese Ceramics
Fire Glaze Ceramic High Tea Cup, Ocean Waves Collection
It's an ocean color cup with a unique pattern created by making a fire glazing technique. The skillful artisans at Dong Gia Ceramics have created an elegant but impressive product. The product is fired at 1,300 degrees Celsius. So it has a certain hardness and is difficult to scratch. When lightly tapped, it will have a very ethereal sound.
Why we CHUS it
Brand & Producer
- The brand produces glaze products that transform the surface of ceramic and household items as well as home decoration.
- Promotes Vietnamese Ceramic art
- The clay in the North of Vietnam, which is supple and very rich in kaolin, is perfect for making fire glaze
- Đông Gia's Oceanwave special glaze firing technique is created from the interference black and white enamel in a heating environment of 1280 degrees Celsius. Depending on the firing temperature and gas, the enamel reaction creates the blue color of the product.
- The color of enamel depends on the interference of 5 factors: skillful hands of the mechanic; fire; land; mineral components in enamel and firing technique. After more than 10 hours of firing, the ceramic glaze crystallizes to form the finished products.
- Size: 6 x 6 x 9.5cm
- Materials: Ceramic
- Packaging: The product is put in a lovely paper box.
How to preserve products with fire glaze color:
- After buying, you should wash it. Then rinse with boiling water to kill bacteria.
- When washing, you need to be very gentle, minimizing collisions and strong rubbing.
- Use fine ash or sawdust to clean. Do not use metal or hard plastic washing tools, otherwise the product will fade easily and get old quickly.
- Limit exposure to direct sunlight because it will reduce the durability of the product such as making the product more prone to chipping despite light impacts and fading the color of the product.
- Completely safe for users because of the natural and special firing glaze colors
- The product does not peel off color with a smooth texture, has no odors or stains
- Heating at 1300 degrees Celsius - eliminates lead toxicity
- Natural colors come from the heat of fire and natural glazed powder
- Can be used on a daily basis and for decor purpose
- Can be used in a microwave and dishwasher
About Gốm Đông Gia
In 2006, with the desire to create handcrafted products with the aesthetic and sustainable value from local materials, Phan Thuy Mai and her husband - Francois Jarlov, a French enamel color artisan, established Dong Gia Ceramics.
When it comes to ceramic products most people will think of white ceramic items with blue patterns as details. At Dong Gia Ceramics, a brand from Vietnam that specialises in unique ceramics products, the familiar ceramic material has been given a new look which has a higher aesthetic value as well as skillful techniques involved. This peculiar technique is the art of fire glaze on ceramics. This technique has existed since the 19th century. However, many historical events have caused this art to fade away. Therefore, the art of glaze inadvertently adds value.
After research and discovery, Dong Gia Ceramics has chosen clay in the northern region of Vietnam as the raw material. This soil is flexible and rich in kaolin, which is very suitable for the glaze inadvertently. Because of that, Dong Gia Pottery has built its ceramics workshop right in Bat Trang pottery village.
Each product delivered to customers not only contains the quintessence of enamel art and the skillful workmanship of artisans, but also embodies the beauty of Vietnamese culture and tradition.